Whether you’re preparing breakfasts and lunches for the week or planning an afternoon picnic, these 10 Mason jar recipes fit the bill.
You can make them ahead of time, ensuring you’ll eat a delicious and healthy meal even when you’re on the run. No temptation to stop by the fast-food store when you tote these tasty treats — you’ll save money and reduce waste! Read on for portable and quick breakfast, lunch, and desert recipes you’ll love.
Mason Jar Recipe List
Here’s the full list of recipes, with links if you’d like to jump ahead:
- Chopped Salad to Go
- On-the-Go Blueberry Pancakes
- Bottled-Up Chickpea Salads
- Bird’s Nest Mason Jar Cupcakes
- Refrigerator Oatmeal in a Jar
- Mini Mason Jar Pot Pies
- Strawberry Mason Jar Cakes
- Toasted Oat & Coconut Muesli
- Mason Jar Quinoa Salads
- Picnic-Ready Cucumber & Avocado Salad
Up first, Chopped Salad to Go from Angela Simpson of My Fresh Perspective:
Chopped Salad to Go
If you’re new to the meals-in-jars concept, the joy of a portable salad without all the soggy lettuce and toppings will make you an instant believer.
Dreamed up by Angela Simpson of My Fresh Perspective, this preparation features nutritious spelt berries, sweet bell peppers and hearty chicken for a filling meal on-the-go. When lunchtime comes, simply tip your pre-layered salad into a bowl for a crunchy bite that’s sure to please.
- Get step-by-step instructions for Chopped Chicken Salad to Go.
For vegetarians and vegans, Simpson also offers three vegetarian recipes (plus one that includes tuna).
- Get instructions for Fresh Lunchtime Inspiration in a Jar from My Fresh Perspective.